Saturday, June 7, 2014

Humidity - I so love to hate it!

All week I've felt this great urge - almost a need - to write, but I haven't been able to focus long enough on a topic to write anything. I still haven't really, but I feel like I have to post something, even if it's something short.

Two years ago in March we had some days that hit 80 degrees, and the humidity that accompanied them was unbearable. Last year, March stuck to normal temperatures, but I distinctly remember the awful heat that hit way before summer temperatures should. This year winter was freezing, and spring didn't come around until May. Most of the people around me kept up a constant whirl of complaints regarding this I however, loved it. I loved it and savoured every second because I knew it couldn't last. Knew that in the blink of an eye the cool mornings, chilly evenings, and comfortable afternoons would disaperate, and I would find myself in a bog of heat and, so much worse, humidity.

Well, that day has finally come. It is 80+ degrees right now, and the humidity has made it hard for me to breathe today. The worst thing though is that it's not nearly as bad as it will become. I remember days last summer where the number 8 was replaced with a 9, and the levels of humidity were through the roof. I felt like I would suffocate in my apartment. I am so not looking forward to that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment