Thursday, June 18, 2015

Poem


This morning I decided I was going to take the Word of the Day and find it's place within a poem. Here is the result... 
 

 
 Dancing on tiptoe between unreality and dreams
I walk through a world that is not what it seems

On the surface there's love, light, laughter, sweet jubilee
But no one escapes Night's dark reverie
Where thoughts storm like hunger, and fear grips you whole
Your worries and secrets shine then shatter with cold
There are words left unspoken, silent whispers in the air
Emotions so hidden, you're left wondering who cares

So I seek out the fairies, chase after the elves
Get lost in the glittering flight of their spells
And wrapped in an emerald dragon's wings,
I once more dance between unreality and dreams

~*~*~*~*~*~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment