Saturday, June 27, 2015

Holding Steady



I know I have at least a mother who probably really wants to know, so a quick check-in on my weight gain effort. This week went fairly well. I had my Ensure every morning, and it was actually less difficult than I'd imagined. With a couple small exceptions, I ate everything  that I was supposed to. I went back to my normal walking routine on Monday, but since I'm still trying to get over this blasted cold, I haven't done any serious exercise in almost two weeks. I've gotten more sleep than usual, drank plenty of water and tea, and spent quite a bit of my evenings sitting and resting despite her protests. Overall, I think I made good, positive, fighting for myself decisions. One thing I would say I definitely failed at was trying to eat something else in addition to my Ensure. There were a couple of days I managed an apple but that was really it.

The result was, I guess I'd say is potentially positive, my weight stayed exactly the same. The fact that I didn't lose any more is definitely great, but I also didn't meet my goal of gaining either. So my commitment to myself, to everyone supporting me, is to add one more Ensure to my day. That will mean: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks (that have been added to over the last few weeks), and 2 Ensures.

Yesterday instead of the second drink I had an extra snack, and this morning I just added to my breakfast. My second "drink" has been a little bit harder to swallow (literally and figuratively) than the first, but apparently her fight to destroy has come up against my strong iron walled resolve to be healthy for Norway. Well that and the fact that my thoughts are so wrapped up in focusing on everything I still have to do before I leave, and figuring out what to do when I get back (what happens after August 5th is still a big gray question mark). Those two things are proving to be a good mental distraction from her wicked lies.

The picture above showed up in my e-mail yesterday. Not only is it just adorable (I do so love kittens!), it is also a good example of how I will be with all my drinks, meals and snacks until further notice. I have one more weight check before I fly towards Norway, and I'm determined to make that uptick on the scale happen.


~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment