Thursday, March 12, 2015

Peaceful Moment

During the winter months I move my bed to rest alongside my bedroom window. I prefer having it there. I love curling up with a cup of coffee and watching the stillness of the street in the mornings. In the evening I wrap myself up with blankets, get lost in the pages of a book and drink  a hot cup of cinnamon tea while frequently glancing down to see the cars driving by and people passing in out and out of the buildings on the street. I like it there because at night as I am falling asleep I can look up at the sky and see a few stars twinkling.

At some point in the quiet dark hours of last night, I opened my eyes and was immediately greeting by the softest black velvet sky and one of the most stunnng amber half moons I have ever seen. Looking at it I felt transported. I didn’t feel like I was laying in bed, in an old building on Maine st. I felt like I was lying in a huge soft bed of silk, high in a castle turret. I felt like I was in a world full of wizards and dragons, of spells and enchantments. These days it is only while sleeping that I have true peace of mind, but in that moment, still on the edges of sleep, I had yet to be brought back to the reality of life. The person lying comfortably in bed, staring up at the moon was me and no one else. I felt calm, I was happy. After a few minutes of watching I closed my eyes once more and took that beautiful sight with me into my dreams. It was such a perfect moment that I just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment