Monday, March 2, 2015

A Day Full of Wonderful Moments

Today was a good day. I wasn't free from the struggles I've written about lately but I woke up feeling safe and strong and grateful and, miraculously, that feeling never left. I just want to share a few of the things that today made my life beautiful, and wonderful, and worth fighting for.

-Dreams that leave you feeling safe, even upon waking 
-Coffee
-Drinking Coffee in bed first thing,  while wrapped up in my slanket watching Faelina attacking shadows
-Synge quietly curling up in my lap to steal a few moments of my time while her  
 sister was occupied
-Sprinkling essential oil onto the shower walls before stepping into the hot water, it smells amazing, an instant mood lifter
-My east facing apartment that let me greet todays blood red sunrise
-Glitter aka Fairy dust - because we all need a little sparkle in our lives
-Snow - the way it graces the trees, how it feels beneath my fingertips, the way it  blows with the wind
-My own homemade lip gloss - coconut oil, honey and vanilla...it keeps my lips super soft, smells divine, and doesn't taste half bad either (not that I regularly make a habit of eating my lip gloss)
-Harry Potter Stationary
-Singing along to my favorite songs on the radio while driving to work
-Shakespeare's "Timon of Athens"
-Clothes that actually feel comfortable - I've been holding off on buying new clothes despite the fact that everything I own feels tight because I hate spending money on clothes (books and coffee - that's what money should be spent on!), but I broke down this weekend and I'm so glad I did.
-Not having to rush into work - because I actually left on time today!
-Having people to share Harry Potter excitement with
-Lines of new poems filling my mind and begging to be set to paper
-Cinnamon apple spice tea
-Cinnamon itself - mixed into yogurt, sprinkled on coffee, topping hot chocolate, roasted with sweet potatoes...it just makes everything taste so good
-Having time during a crowded interactive work day to break free for a few moments and just be alone
-Stepping out of work to see the almost full moon already a force in the sky even though the sun has not yet set and the sky is still blue.
-NPR
-The sound of the wind whispering through trees as I walked through town, and the way it felt blowing through my hair
-The sparkling lights wrapped around the gazebo in the park
-Maine street - I just love this town I live in
-Trees, tall dark silhouettes against a sky turning to it's own darkness
-Watching the moon come into it's own as that darkness fell
-Pajamas - Best. Clothes. Ever.
-Knowing that after I finish this I get to curl up in bed and lose myself inside a book until I fall asleep.

I wish you all a good night full of peaceful sleep and wonderful dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment