Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Mom is a Miracle

This introduction will be short and sweet. Today is Mother's Day and sadly I am not able to be with my mom in person to help her celebrate. Growing up I always knew that I had a great mom (although I didn't always act like it (sorry mom)), but since living with Stephanie my eyes have been opened completely to the reality of just how much my mom did for me, of the sacrifices she made so that I could have the incredible childhood I had. Stephanie gives everything she is to her kids, I know now that my mom did too So mom...

Mom, you are a miracle,
one that sometimes goes unseen,
Full of love, strength and intelligence,
you've done so much for me.

While words of thanks are never enough,
to match all that you are,
here are some thoughts on my mind right,
today's bright memory stars ...

Thank you for my Samantha's doll cape and all her other clothes,
For letting me spend my college years living for free at home,
Thanks for hundreds of times you've cooked my favorite foods,
and, in a way, I am grateful for those dandelions too.

Thank you for your dedication to teach me to crochet,
for all for the fun projects during our homeschool days,
Thanks for always taking care of me each time I got sick,
and for your sense of adventure in all of our roadtrips.

Thank you sharing your love of coffee, the surprise of that star sapphire ring,
for the day we adopted Synge - who knew that cats would be my thing,
Thanks for supporting my dream to roam the world no matter where I go,
and for saving me when I was fading, your continued fight to make me whole. 

Mom you are a miracle,
whose gift of life was just the start,
you're the perfect oenomel,
I love you with all my heart




~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment