Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Morning Poem


Thinks are a bit crazy out there. Anxious, scared, tired, angry…just few of the slew of emotions I’ve felt the last couple weeks. I know I’m not alone.

Trying to stay optimistic though. I am – far as I know – healthy. My financial situation is not desperate. Bellingham has had GORGEOUS weather the past few days. Faelina is still her sassy self (and quite pleased by that fact). And – most important of all – my family and friends are all safe. I hope with my entire soul they stay that way.


I figured I’d share something today, it has been a few weeks after all. ‘Choose something lighthearted’ I said to myself. Yet, as I read through my entire book of poems & stories I’ve written this past year, I found only a few pieces that were even remotely on the bright side. And they were all terrible. I am not just saying that.

So, you get the ominous poem I wrote this morning. It was inspired by a book I’m currently reading. The author of said book found her inspiration for it’s writings in a journal she picked up at an estate sale. Writing inspires writing -inspires more writing. Art is amazing like that.

~*~

A general breaking up of body
Sugar tracing tracks through blood
I lay my gentle flowers down
Watch them dissolve into wind
The sky unfolds with rusting stardust





~*~*~



I wish for you all peace, health and so much love in the coming weeks 💜



~*~



No comments:

Post a Comment