Saturday, December 12, 2015

Book Page Poem

A long time ago, I saw on Pintrest a writing activity where one takes a page from a book and uses the words on it to write a poem. I instantly fell in love with that idea, thinking it uniquely awesome. Well, the first time I tried it (and every time since) I learned that while it is fun it is also incredibly hard. Each time I take up a page I often find myself stringing together words only to find that the next perfect word for the poem I'm creating doesn't exist anywhere on the page. As a result, the flow and subject of the poem usually spirals into a different direction than I'd wanted.Sometimes that is fine and I am left satisfied with what I've created, however other times I am not. On one such occasion while I did warp the poem I was developing to fit the words on it's page, I also chose to continue my original vision afterwards and what you'll see below is the result.



Clouded daylight eclipsed suffering,
and allowed instead some
glimpses of grace and gaiety,
creating a certain strange beauty
that unrolled it's wild eyes and
fierce soul setting free 
the fire of the eternal world



~~~~





p.s. I realize I've shared nothing about life in Utah since arriving but I promise that actual post doing just that is in the works and will be posted soon

No comments:

Post a Comment