Thursday, July 20, 2017

An Impossible Poem

Throughout my whole life and all the, likely, hundreds of poems I've crafted, there really is only one I love entirely, that I feel proud to call mine. A terrible poem though is easy to create as long as it rhymes; and I write those constantly, often without even thinking about it. Rhymes come easy. Non-rhyming however does not, and I have found that scribing a poem – good or bad - without that sing song quality is just about downright impossible. Today’s poem is an attempt at that impossible...

'This can't
be all there is', I say,
on days life seems to be
falling backwards in
to the superficial
mundane.
 
I dream, those days,
of simple woods; fields
of wild untouched
berries; of mountains laced
in violet flowers - the kind
that I can fall into
forever 
 
 
 
~~~~
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment