Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Furiously Happy - the List Version

“I’m thinking of making my own list of things that make me furiously happy” a co-worker (and one of my favorite people ever) said over the phone a couple weeks ago. She had taken me up on my advice to read “Furiously Happy” by Jenny Lawson and loved it. I was thrilled; finally I had someone who truly understood just how awesome this book was, someone I could share my delight  and excitement with. Our several impromptu hallway conversations about stuffed raccoons, giraffes, Spoon Theories, and Pegasus’s left us laughing while other peers walked by slightly with slightly perplexed looks on their faces. The book inspired her idea to create a ‘Furiously Happy’ list; I though it was brilliant plan, decided I need one of my own and immediately set off to write it.

My list is made up mostly of things I've done/experienced. There are a couple that have not yet crossed my life’s path but I’m  99.9999% certain they would enrich my life in countless happy ways. Then there are a few which are so open ended they could really be applied to anything so you might say I’ve done them but maybe not just as fully as possible. Creating the list was easy, I knew exactly what needed to be there; however, after it was complete I realized that I haven’t really been living it. I mean sure, a really literal person could argue that I do every day by drinking coffee, playing with Faelina and daydreaming that I live at Hogwarts. But doing just a few things every day doesn’t make up for me not trying out any of the others ever. I mentioned in my last Furiously Happy post that I’ve had the past few months I’ve had a really hard time feeling truly happy; perhaps that’s because I haven’t been living life in a way that’s true to myself. So here’s my list. Now it’s up to me to go live it.
 
 
1.       Midnight hikes
2.       Nighttime swims in the ocean, rivers and/or lakes – clothing optional
3.       Coffee
4.       Kittens
5.       Furiously Happy – the book
6.       All things Harry Potter
7.       Challenging dumb social norms
8.       Not caring what others think
9.       Seeing my nephews
10.   Surprises – both giving and receiving them
11.   Pulling an all-nighter just because
12.   Committing anonymous acts of kindness for others
13.   Leaving anonymous secret letters for people to find
14.   Solo vacations
15.   Dressing like a faery, princess, mermaid, gypsy or combination of all four
16.   LIVING like a faery, princess, mermaid, gypsy or combination of all four
17.   Spontaneous Adventures
18.   Searching for magic
19.   Throwing caution to the wind
20.   Giving into the wildness of Mother Nature
21.   Dancing under the full moon
 
 
 

 
 
 

~~~~

 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment