Friday, July 31, 2020

Roses Are a Treachery

I got my first smart phone four years ago. In the time between then and now, I have periodically opened my phone's Notes app and written out something that can usually only be described as nonsense. Often I'll take said nonsense and (try to) coerce it into something a little more sensible and - on occasion - present that attempt here. Today though, I think I won't. Instead, I'm showing you an inside glimpse into the jumbled junk drawer of my mind; sharing what might loosely be considered a poem, but is more closely akin to that speck of dust on the ground that wishes it was a poem. It was written in bits and pieces, at different times, and I don't remember what took place when I wrote each word. I can only say inspiration came from many random books and many weird dreams and many wispy, mist-covered thoughts. And I am guessing, at some point, roses. Make of it what you will. I love you all 💙

~*~


Delight is a double-edged sword
Sending ruthless shudders to the planet's core
Pond scum and monsters 
Trembling in it's wake

Roses are a treachery
Roses creep inside your mind
Like songs hell bent for stars

Roses on your feet are delightful
Underneath your feet they are too
Their scent is beauty dipped in wild

In a pincushion of insecurities
Prickled and rife with pins
I'm lying asleep and raindrops keep
Pick, pick, picking 'part my head

I dream 
Of tons of expensive 
rings,
old keys,
copper in resin found
 by a cold,
almost horizontal,
almost waterfall

I wake to a world of ice and fire
Perhaps the most delightful thing of all



~*~*~



*

No comments:

Post a Comment