Thursday, October 9, 2014

Today I am Grateful

I am so grateful for October's. I'm grateful for that unwavering enchanting full moon that filled my eyes as I fell asleep last night and still glowed when I opened them this morning. I'm grateful for the purring kitten that was curled up next to me, for hot Columbian coffee, Shakespeare plays, for the most magnificent book I'm reading now, and peanut butter jar breakfasts. I am grateful for the years I lived in Alaska, and the sight of the sun rising over the river as I drove into work. I'm grateful for autumn in Maine and that I get to share it with my mom in just a few days! I am grateful, and unbelievably excited, for the end of this month when I get to step off a plane in Utah and spend 14 days with my best friend for the first time in 21 years!

As a general rule I am easily able to see the gifts I've been granted in life and be thankful for them. And I have these moments where I find myself just overwhelmed with the wonder of it all. This morning - today - is one of those times. I have experienced some truly awesome moments this year, but I have also struggled with certain realities and things have been kind of tough for me. I am grateful that I do still have days like these. They let me know that I haven't forgotten the true beauty of my life and the world I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment