Sunday, September 4, 2016

Happy in Norway

First full day in Norway and it has been heaven! My friends drove off on a roadtrip this morning leaving me with a house all to myself for at least the next three day until their return (they'll be home for a couple days then fly out to Paris!). It's been barely 12 hours and I'm already more relaxed and calm than I've been in months.

I took it fairly easy today, decided that even though I missed the jet lag bus again (thank goodness) my body would probably prefer short outings with resting breaks in between. It was gorgeous weather though and I wanted to be outside, so I drove over to Sverd i Fjell and walked the path that follows Hapsfjorden for a time basking in the sun. When I got home I grabbed my book and drove south along the windy, narrow roads looking for Borrstranden, one of my favorite discoveries from last time. It was slightly more crowded than on my first visit, but still remains one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever experienced. I stepped through the waves all the way to the beach's end then turned, pulled out Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and read my way back as the wind blew through my hair and the sand covered my feet. I finished just as I reached the car; really there is no better way to finish the first day of a trip.

Excited for the place I am in. Happy in the knowledge that I am completely alone. Ready for whatever tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment