Thursday, September 1, 2016

Traveling Happiness

Just over a year after my original return, I once more find myself on the eve of another Norwegian adventure. My bags are packed (I think), and I am ready (I hope) for the long plane rides (10hrs then 2 1/2) that will fly me back to that magical land.

I have made no plans this time, have no secret hiking goals. Will I re-discover the cobblestone streets of Stavanger? Very likely. Will I re-visit my favorite walking route by the house and say hello to the milk cows as I pass? Almost assuredly. Will I step barefoot through the sand of the pristine beaches, shivering as the ocean waves splash over my toes? I certainly hope so. But even if I don't, even if I do nothing and end up stuck inside the house the whole two weeks I wouldn't care. When I called Norway a magical land, well, I wasn't just saying that. It is magic, old magic, the kind of magic that connects you with the spirit of the earth and the core of your soul. Being there gave me a peace and strength that followed me back to the states and helped give me the drive and courage needed to say goodbye to Maine and drive west to Utah. I wonder what it will help me with this time around? I guess I'll find out, soon. I am so, so grateful that the universe has seen fit to give me this incredible opportunity - again.

And with that I'm off to chase dreams, seek adventure, and find my dragon!








No comments:

Post a Comment