Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Faelina




Hello World!

I am Faelina. It’s nice to meet you. A few weeks ago (July 3rd to be exact) I was picked up from Coastal Humane Society and taken to my new forever home. Since then I have quickly made myself an essential part of my new family. My new mom adores me and tells me every day that she loves me. I have a big sister who hasn’t quite come round to me yet but she’ll get there. I always try to play with her and give her hugs, so I know it’s only a matter of time. So what’s my story you may ask? Well, I was born in Indiana and have 2 sister and 2 brothers. Shortly after I was born we all moved to Maine thanks to the Coastal Humane Society and were then placed in the care of a wonderful foster family. I was very well taken care of and had lots of fun, but of course as we grew up the time came for us to go out and find our own homes, and here I am. Funny story about me, when I first got to Maine everyone thought I was a boy. I spent a good number of weeks in disguise and it wasn't until mom dropped me off to be neutered that the truth came out. Oh well, it was bound to happen at some point. What do I like to do? Well here is a list of my favorite things:

Paintbrushes – mom, kept her paintbrushes in a basket on the floor, but I have since scattered them throughout the whole apartment. I love to attack them and have spent hours do just that!
Extreme Climbing – sometimes mom doesn’t pick me up fast enough so I run up her pants, dress, skirt etc… Every time I do this these thin red lines appear on her legs wherever my claws have touched. Her legs are now covered in them, it’s just the strangest thing….
Pouncing and chewing on every single electric cord I see – great fun!
Running Behind the Stove – I know mom hates this so I do it as often as possible!
Extreme Eating – this involves going up to my big sister Synge when she is eating her canned food and pushing her out of the way so I can have it. So far I rock at it!
Attacking my sisters’ tail whenever she isn’t looking, attacking her face whenever she walks by, and attacking her when she's jumping up on furniture. I think this is great fun, for some reason though she always runs away when I do this.
Chilling Out - This involves trying to climb into the refrigerator every single time mom opens it. She now always has to make sure before closing the door that I'm not locked inside!
Mom recently let me start spending the night outside my kennel which led me to discover my new favorite game – attacking, clawing and biting her feet and legs under the sheets every time she moves!
Canned Food – yum!
Sleeping – a kittens got to have his daily nap or 12!
Being in whatever room mom is in – she’s stays moving so I’m constantly following her around
Sitting on mom’s shoulder - whether she’s sitting down reading, walking around, eating, or putting make up on in the morning, it is my favorite place to be (that last two are especially fun, we play a game where I try to bite everything she brings near her face and/or knock it out of her hand!)


That’s me in a nutshell. I’m sure mom will post lots of pictures and stories about my adventures in the future. Just remember that whatever she may say about any “mischief” I do, it’s only mischief in her eyes. For me it’s just fun J

No comments:

Post a Comment