Thursday, July 17, 2014

Reminder to Show Empathy

Back in May my company sent me to a leadership conference at Disneyworld. I wrote about my experience in a previous blog post; however I did not say much about the actual conference itself. I had a great time during those sessions, learned a lot, and walked away from it feeling very inspired. Out of everything that we went over in those three days, the one moment that had the biggest impact on me was a video that we watched the second morning. It was created by the Cleveland Clinic as part of their “Empathy Series”, and is a truly superb reminder of all the joy, pain, success, and confusion that we don’t see, which occurs in the lives of the people we interact with every day. There is so much that we just don’t know, and it is so important to remember this, and infuse into all your interactions kindness and understanding.


Hopefully all of you will watch this and feel the powerful message it’s sending, and that you will share it with others. I will warn you that at the conference by the end of the video many people were crying. I recently shared it with some co-workers and a couple of them had the same reaction. I myself have a hard time keeping it together watching it, so you might want to have a few tissues nearby....


No comments:

Post a Comment