Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Best Things in the World


Opinion: Pintrest is one of those evil, time wasting, soul sucking, mind warping websites, that pulls one with the lure and promise of every wonderful thing you could imagine, leading you to believe that all great things are possible.
Fact:  I love Pintrest.

Truer Fact: I REALLY love Pintrest, and could easily spend a whole day sitting in front of my computer doing nothing but searching through the magnificence of its thousands upon thousands of boards. Luckily for me and my to-do list, I do not have internet at my apartment and therefore do not have the capability to do this. Instead every Saturday I have dinner with friends, I curl up in my favorite chair, plug in my laptop and get lost in the world of wonderfulness.

This last Saturday during my weekly scroll I came across this graphic: 

For some reason I really love the idea of taking all the wonderful things in your life and coming up with the best ever. Of course the best things for one person are not the favorites of the other and this is the case here, and I’ve spent the last few days thinking about my own “Best Things in the World”.  I should say though, that regardless of what this list is titled, or what I have chosen, the best and most important things in my life are my family and friends. The presence of just one of them has enriched my life further then all the things on this list combined. The fact that I have so many family and friends that fall into this category means that I have an incredibly rich life. This also is definitely not a static list. I know a year ago I would have chosen differently and a year from now this list will probably be different as well. But right now these are it for me.
 So now without further ado, here is my list of


Best Things in the World:

1.      An Alaskan Christmas morning spent inside with my family sitting around out wood stove fire with the snow falling outside
2.      A cat’s purr
3.      The night sky - whether is clear and the stars are sparkling, or the full moon is glowing through the misty clouds, I look up at the sky and I am complete.
4.      Creating, celebrating and laughing at inside jokes/blonde moments with your best friend
5.      The perfect chocolate chip cookie
6.      The smell of fresh ground, just brewed coffee – and that first sip
7.      That moment when you realize the book you’re reading isn’t just good – it’s one that will change your life forever
8.      Listening to Harry Potter narrated by Jim Dale
9.      At the airport picking up family, or a friend, whom you haven’t seen in forever and you have that whole vacation ahead of you
10.  A fresh, crisp, organic apple – or a whole basket of them!


So there they are. It was fun coming up with them, and hopefully this will inspire some of you to think up your own best things ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment